SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Mrs Joanne Walton. Tel 01429 838294, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
Mrs. M. Athey is trained in Listening Matters.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Educational Psychology Service
- Cognition and learning service
- Autism and Social Communication team
- Sensory and physical therapy
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEN. In 2018/19 this amount is £19,460.
This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
- Purchasing specialist resources
- Training for staff
- Employing external specialists
- Employing staff such as for one to one support
- Programmes of intervention, such as Lexia or Lego Therapy
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.